- Motion of an object can change by speeding up, slowing down or changing direction.
- Forces cause changes of motion.
- When you apply force on an object in same direction the speed of that object will increase. When you apply force in opposite direction, that object's speed will decrease.
- The more mass an object has, the less effect a given object has on its motion. (You can watch this video about mass vs. weight).
Here's what you are going to post on your Digital Portfolio:
1) Choose ONE of the learning targets from above.
2) In your own words, explain what the learning target means. Put this into "5th grade English."
3) Use your science journal and examples from our experiments in class.
4) A really cool picture/diagram might help too. You can search for images/diagrams by clicking here. DO NOT USE GOOGLE IMAGES PLEASE!!