There is a difference between "homework" and "home learning"...
How is "weekly work" different than homework?
What's The Point?
These assignments will hopefully help you in many ways. Here are a few examples of why this weekly work is important:
- It will help you practice new skills.
- You will think about what you are learning in different ways.
- You can check to see if you truly OWN your learning.
What's the routine?
You will complete 3 – 4 assignments each week. These assignments will not change very much from week to week, so you will know exactly what you have to do. Make sure you are managing your time well, which means you need to plan ahead. For example, if you know you will not have internet access at home, then you should work on this Weekly Work at school (such as morning work or literacy centers).
REQUIRED TASKS EVERY WEEK
1) BLOG - Publish a blog post to your Kidblog. You can choose one of the Blogging Challenges on the next page, or you can make up your own topic.
** I will not approve your blog if there are lots of careless errors. Watch your capitalization, punctuation, grammar and spelling!
2) ST MATH- Complete any homework levels that have been assigned to you. These challenges are meant to make you think, so do not expect to finish them in a few minutes.
3) READING - Students should read about 180 minutes each week. This can be accomplished by reading 20 - 30 minutes each day. Students should also keep track of their reading lives using Biblionasium.com.
Studies Weekly Online